Despicable Troll (CR 5)
Chaotic Evil - Large - Humanoid (Giant)
- Trolls are horrible dwellers in the outdoors, the uneasy smaller cousins of Giants, who are more tightly tied to the native world than either the Giants or their terrible cousins, the ogres.
- Trolls tend to be tall and lanky, often with a stooped, hunched posture. Their faces tend to be long and narrow of feature, with filthy, rotten, but very sharp teeth, long flexible limbs, and a loose, shambling gait. Trolls almost always have razor sharp claws to go with their teeth, and tend to prefer fighting with their natural weapons.
- Trolls are not comfortable with the trappings of civilization, and tend to live "as nature meant," without benefit of tools, fire, or clothing. Trolls can readily tolerate this lack of comforts due to their incredible powers of regeneration. Trolls are easy to hurt, but exceedingly hard to kill.
- Trolls tend to have skin of shades of green, often with an amazing array of warts, moles, hairs, and other noisome protuberances. Troll eyes tend to be black, although milky white and shades of grey-blue are not unheard of.
- Trolls are uniformly terrible. They delight in tormenting the weak and will eat fellow sentient creatures alive, entertained by their screams and pleas. Trolls will work with other terrible creatures such as orcs and norkers, have an uneasy love/hate relationship with their fatter cousins, the ogres, and tend to like and look up to the giants, especially frost giants, fire giants, death giants, and fomaorians.
- Despicable trolls are smaller, weaker examples of the breed who are driven away from their more robust brothers. Despicable trolls often band together and eke out a mean existence on their own.
- Init: +9
- Ambush Chance: 10+ on d20 (req's 1 minute prep)
- AC: 21
- Maneuver Defense (MD): 21
- Hit Points: 66 (Bloodied Value: 33) Hit Dice: 7
- Fort: +5 Refl: +8 Will: +4
- Special Defenses:
- Strong Against:
- Weak Against:
- Movement Types: Walk 40 ft.
- Space / Reach: 10 ft. / 10 ft.
- Standard Attack:
- 1x Bite +12 (1d10+7/x2) as crushing (physical, common)
- Full Attack:
- Standard Ranged:
- Maneuver Offense: +10
- Siege Damage: Not siege capable
- Special Attacks: Regeneration
- Str: 21 Dex: 14 Con: 23 Int: 6 Wis: 9 Cha: 6
- Feats: Combat Reflexes (EFFECT: Monsters with this feat make up to 4 attacks of opportunity per round instead of one.)
- Languages: Giant
- Trolls regenerate 10 points of damage at the start of each of their turns. However, if the troll takes any fire or acid damage, it cannot regenerate on the following turn. Regeneration will allow a troll to reattach severed limbs or regrow them if they aren't available for reattachment. This regeneration continues to operate even past 'death', and a troll can only be killed if its regeneration has been suppressed by either acid or fire while it is at 0 or fewer hit points.
- Despicable Trolls are your basic killing machines. They will charge into fights and try to settle into full attack actions as quickly as they can. They have no fear and will never run. During the fighting they will use five-foot steps when possible to make use of their 10 feet of reach against melee attackers, and so they can maximize their attacks of opportunity with their Combat Reflexes.
Out of Combat
- XP: 1,600
- Treasure: Sellable Goods worth 1,625 gp.
- Weight: 50 lbs. Volume: 2 cu. ft.
- Optional Treasure Rules: Roll on the following table once per encounter (NOT per creature). Any items discovered are in addition to the normal treasure for the encounter.
Table 1: Roll a d20: Result Remnant Found (If Any) 1 - 10 Nothing Found 11 - 14 1 Languid Remnant (tier 1) 15 - 17 1 Pale Remnant (tier 2) 18 - 19 1 Bright Remnant (tier 3) 20 Roll on Table 2 Table 2: Roll a d20: Result Remnant(s) Found 1 - 5 3 Languid Remnants (tier 1) 6 - 10 3 Pale Remnants (tier 2) 11 - 14 1 Intense Remnant (tier 4) 15 - 17 1 Blazing Remnant (tier 5) 18 - 19 1 Vital Remnant (tier 6) 20 Roll on Table 3 Table 3: Roll a d20: Result Remnant(s) Found 1 - 5 3 Bright Remnants (tier 3) 6 - 8 3 Intense Remnants (tier 4) 9 - 11 3 Blazing Remnants (tier 5) 12 - 14 3 Vital Remnants (tier 6) 15 - 17 1 Prime Remnant (tier 7) 18 - 19 1 Mythic Remnant (tier 8) 20 1 Empyrean Remnant (tier 9)