Destruction of Self (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 8
- School: Illusion
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: one target creature, creature you choose within range, to whom you have line of sight
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You recite aloud the facts and figures of the means of construction of a mind. As you do so, the fell magic reaches into the world and gathers fictive energy, to do the opposite of what you proclaim. As your discourse reaches its end, a faint, wavering ray of lies and distortions and heat-shimmers springs from your pointing finger and wobbles uncertainly toward your chosen target.
- If the ray attack hits, the targets very concept of 'self', the simple bedrock belief that they exist and possess agency, is assaulted on the most direct level. They suffer (Circle 7 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 20d6+40 at character level 20) of fictive (energy, uncommon) damage as your ray of lies seeks to un-do their very fabric of belief that keeps them real. As part of this assault, they suffer the cloistered condition, as they literally begin to fade from existence.