Detect Magic (Spell)
- Level: Druid 0, Sorcerer/Wizard 0
- School: Universal
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: 60 ft.
- Target or Area: Cone-shaped emanation
- Duration: Concentration
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You detect magical auras. The amount of information revealed depends on how long you study a particular area or subject.
- 1st Round: Presence or absence of magical auras.
- 2nd Round: Number of different magical auras and the general direction of the most potent aura.
- 3rd Round: The location of each aura within the target area. If the items or creatures bearing the auras are in line of sight, you can make Knowledge (Arcana) skill checks to determine more information about the spell or spell effect involved in each aura. (Make one check per aura: DC 10 + 4x spell level, or 10 + 2x caster level for a non-spell effect.) If the aura emanates from a magic item, you can attempt to identify its properties with a Bailiwick skill check (Divinity, Naturalism, Reason, Spellcraft, Spycraft, or Warfare).
- Magical areas, multiple types of magic, or strong local magical emanations may distort or conceal weaker auras.
- Outsiders and elementals are not magical in themselves, but if you cast detect magic while they are being summoned, the aura of the conjuration spell registers.
- Each round, you can aim Detect Magic at a new area. The spell can penetrate barriers, but 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt blocks it.