Detect Poison (Spell)
- Level: Cleric 0, Druid 0, Paladin 1, Ranger 1, Sorcerer/Wizard 0
- School: Universal
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one creature, one object, or a 5-ft. cube
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: No
- You murmur words of power, and trace lines on your face in intricate patterns, temporarily augmenting your sense of taste and smell to a supernatural degree, allowing you to instantly determine whether a creature, object, or area within range has been poisoned or is poisonous.
- The spell can penetrate barriers, but 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt blocks it.
- Detect Poison does not reveal the name or nature of a poison, only the presence of it. To determine the poison's properties, you must acquire a sample of it (or study a victim of it), and make an appropriate Profession (Alchemist), Profession (Herbalist), or Heal check.