Dimension Door (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 4
- School: Conjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, M (A chip of a broken mirror, scratched with a rune, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Long (200 ft. + 20 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: you and touched objects or other touched willing creatures
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: See description below
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You speak a Word Of OM that possesses the power of Connection. This word Connects you to yourself, other creatures and objects you touch, and all of space within the spells range. Once you have spoken this word, you merely...step to where you wish to be, the howling winds of the Material rippling through your mind's eye, a portal winking into existence in mid-step.
- You instantly transfer yourself from your current location to any other spot within range. You always arrive at exactly the spot desired - whether by simply visualizing the area or by stating direction. After using this spell, you can't take any other actions until your next turn (although certain feats allow you to overcome this drawback).
- You can bring along objects you touch or in your possession as long as their weight doesn't exceed your maximum load. You may bring along extradimensional spaces such as Haversacks, Portable Holes, and even demi-planes, as the power of Connection seemingly operates under different rules than those devices. You may also bring one additional willing Medium or smaller creature (carrying gear or objects up to its maximum load) per ten caster levels, round down. A Large creature counts as two Medium creatures, a Huge creature counts as two Large creatures, and so forth. All creatures to be transported must be in contact with one another, and at least one of those creatures must be in contact with you.
- If you arrive in a place that is already occupied by a solid body, you and each creature traveling with you take 1d6 points of interstice (physical, rare) damage per five feet you need to shunt, and are shunted to a random open space on a suitable surface within 100 feet of the intended location. The GM adjudicates where you arrive.
- If there is no free space within 100 feet, you and each creature traveling with you take an additional 2d6 points of interstice (physical, rare) damage per one hundred feet above the first one hundred and are shunted to the closest free space. Again, the GM adjudicates where you arrive. If you need to shunt 100 feet, this is 20d6 of interstice damage. If you need to shunt 900 feet, then you and all companions suffer 20d6 for the first hundred feet, and another 16d6 for the next 800 feet.