Dimensional Anchor (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 4
- School: Abjuration
- Subdomain: wards 4
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A piece of translucent glass carved with an unbroken circle, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: one target creature, creature you hit with a ray attack
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- A green beam of eldritch energy springs from your hand. You must make a Ranged Touch Attack to hit the target as a Ray. Any creature or object struck by the ray is covered with a shimmering emerald field that completely blocks extradimensional travel. Forms of movement barred by a Dimensional Anchor include Astral Projection (Spell), Dimension Door (Spell), Ethereal Jaunt (Spell), Etherealness (Spell), Plane Shift (Spell), Shadow Walk (Spell), Teleport (Spell), and similar movement types and/or spell-like abilities. The spell also prevents the use of a Gate (Spell) or Teleportation Circle (Spell) for the duration of the spell.
- A Dimensional Anchor does not interfere with the movement of creatures already in ethereal or astral form when the spell is cast, nor does it block extradimensional perception or attack forms. Also, Dimensional Anchor does not prevent summoned creatures from disappearing at the end of a (summoning) spell.
- Synergy: If a creature affected by this spell is afflicted with another condition before they can remove their current condition, the anchoring energies of the spell are disrupted and instead burst forth in slicing lines of dimensional force. As a result, they suffer (Circle 4 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 12d6+12 at character level 12) as interstice (physical, rare) damage.