- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 6
- School: Transmutation
- Domain: destruction 7
- Subdomain: ash 7
- Elemental School: metal 6
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A lodestone and a pinch of dust, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: One ray
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Special
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- A thin, green ray springs from your pointing finger. You must make a successful ranged Touch Attack to hit. If it hits, it deals (No Circle) 2d6 points of damage per caster level (to a maximum of 70d6). Any creature reduced to 0 or fewer hit points by this spell is entirely disintegrated, leaving behind only a trace of fine dust. A disintegrated creature's equipment and treasure is unaffected, dropping in a dusty mess in a square it used to occupy.
- When used against an object, the ray simply disintegrates as much as a 10-foot cube of nonliving matter. Thus, the spell disintegrates up to a size Large object, but only part of any very large object or structure targeted. The GM adjudicates any additional effects such a loss has on structures. The ray affects even objects constructed entirely of force, such as Wall of Force (Spell), but not magical effects such as an Antimagic Field (Spell).
- A creature may make a saving throw after being struck. A creature that makes a successful fortitude save against the DC above is only partially affected, taking only 1d6 points of damage per two caster levels of the caster, round down, maximum 17d6. If this damage reduces the creature or object to 0 or fewer hit points, it is entirely disintegrated.
- Only the first creature or object struck can be affected; that is, the ray affects only one target per casting. If you miss with a touch attack to hit a creature, the ray typically zaps a hole in the next wall or object behind the targeted creature. The ray always misses creatures behind the targeted creature, you cannot accidentally zap your friends, or an unintended creature.
- Note that this spell has no circle, and therefore may not be mana-burned.