- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 5
- School: Enchantment
- Bloodline: abyssal 5
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A smooth pebble, carved all over with wards, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You cast this spell, holding a runed stone to your eye so that it blocks your vision of your target. When you complete the spell, the stone darts forth, striking the creature and delivering the full force of your scorn.
- This spell generates a ray attack of pure contempt. If you strike the target to whom you have line of sight and line of effect with a ranged touch attack, the ray inflicts (Circle 6 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 16d6+32 at character level 16) of interstice (physical, rare) damage as your disregard breaks it apart at the most fundamental of levels.
- Even worse, this spell forces an extraplanar creature (typically an Outsider, but the GM adjudicates all unusual circumstances) back to its proper plane if it is driven below its Bloodied value (half hit points) by damage inflicted by this spell. (This only happens if the spell itself is what pushes the creature's damage below bloodied; if it was already bloodied before the spell hits it, this additional effect is not triggered, though the spell deals damage as normal. Timing is everything!) If enough damage is inflicted by the ray of scorn, the creature is instantly whisked away.