- Level: Alchemist 3, Bard 3, Sorcerer/Wizard 3
- School: Illusion (glamer)
- Subdomain: protean 3
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, M (a small loop of leather)
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: creature touched
- Duration: 1 rnd/lvl (D)
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Upon casting this spell, until the duration expires, if the subject moves at least 30 feet from their starting point each round, they benefit from a 50% miss chance as if they had total concealment. This miss chance lasts until the end of the subject's next turn. Unlike actual total concealment, Displacement does not prevent enemies from targeting the creature normally. True seeing (Spell) reveals its true location and negates the miss chance. See Invisibility (Spell) does not counteract the Displacement effect.
- The subject must end in a space at least 30 feet from the space it began its turn to enjoy the full benefit of this spell. If the subject is able to move at least 15 feet away from its starting space, they instead gain a 20% miss chance, as though they had concealment, until the end of their next turn.
- If the subject's movement doubles back on itself, or otherwise ends in a space less than 30 feet away from their starting point at the start of their turn (or 15 feet for the lesser effect), the spell does not provide its benefit to the subject that round, though the duration of the spell continues to count down. If the subject is able to move an adequate amount in future rounds, within the remaining duration of the spell, they gain the miss chance as described until the end of their next turn.
- Opponents that cannot see the subject ignore the spell's effect (though fighting an unseen opponent carries penalties of its own).