Dominate Person (Bard Spell)
- Level: Bard 4
- School: Enchantment
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A piece of rope, twine, or leather strapping, or a simple shackle, worth 1gp, or 0gp if found.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature of the humanoid type.
- Duration: Until the next full moon
- Saving Throw: Will negates
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Enunciating the precise dictats of Dominate Person allows you to control the actions of any Humanoid creature, including humanoid monsters, through a telepathic link that you establish with the subject's mind. If the target fails a Will save against the DC above, they gain the Dominated condition.
- Outside of combat, if you and the subject remain within the spell's range, and you have a common language, you can generally force the subject to perform as you desire, within the limits of its abilities. If no common language exists, you can communicate only basic commands, such as "Come here," "Go there," "Fight," and "Stand still." You know what the subject is experiencing, but you do not receive direct sensory input from it, nor can it communicate with you telepathically.
- Changing your orders or giving a dominated creature a new command is a move action in combat, or requires quiet concentration out of combat. Being jostled will not break the domination, but it will keep you from issuing new commands.
- By concentrating fully on the spell (a standard action), you can receive full sensory input as interpreted by the mind of the subject, though it still can't communicate with you. You can't actually see through the subject's eyes, so it's not as good as being there yourself, but you still get a good idea of what's going on.
- Subjects resist this control, and any subject forced to take actions against its nature receives a new saving throw with a +2 bonus. Obviously self-destructive orders are not carried out.
- If you don't spend at least 1 round concentrating on the spell each day, the subject receives a new saving throw to throw off the domination.
- During combat, you may force your victim to spend their Standard action as you see fit, according to the restraints of the Dominated condition.
- Synergy: This spell lays a charge upon its target, as detailed below. If another condition affects the target, you may choose to loose your Domination. As the ineffable magics rip their way free of the subjects will, they will suffer (Circle 5 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 15d6+15 at character level 15) as psychic (energy, uncommon) damage.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.
Circle Damage for Spells
| Spell Circle
|| Burn Cost
|| Min Character Level (CL)
|| Base Dice
|| Max Dice