Doodlebug (Rage Power)
From Epic Path
- Requires: Barbarian 1, Superstitious Mien
- Benefit: Once per round as a free action, you can place a doodlebug upon one enemy creature you can perceive. Until the start of your next turn, you always know the exact square that creature is in, regardless of line of sight or line of effect. Note that you are still subject to miss chances caused by cover or concealment. In addition, Doodlebug deals 1d6 points of psychic energy damage to the target. This psychic damage increases by an additional 1d6 per 5 levels of barbarian you possess (drop fractions; e.g. 2d6 at 5th level, 3d6 at 10th level, 4d6 at 15th level, etc.), to a maximum of 8d6 at level 35.
- You can sustain Doodlebug on a creature that had a Doodlebug applied to it in the previous round, even if you no longer have line of sight or line of effect to that creature, as long as you activate the power each round. However, if the creature didn't have Doodlebug on it last round, you must be able to perceive it in order to apply it.
- 10th Level: You are no longer subject to miss chances from cover or concealment when targeting a creature which you have placed a Doodlebug upon.
- 20th Level: When you activate this power, you can apply its benefits to up to two enemy creatures. In addition, you no longer require line of sight or line of effect to initiate a doodlebug on an enemy creature, though that creature must be part of the current combat encounter.
- 30th Level: When you activate this power, you can apply its benefits to up to three enemy creatures. You do not suffer any range penalties when attacking a creature you have placed doodlebug upon, nor do you suffer distance penalties for skill checks (such as Perception) made against a creature you have placed doodlebug upon. Despite this, your attacks cannot exceed the maximum range of your weapon(s).