Ear-Piercing Scream (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Illusion
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
- Target or Area: one target creature
- Duration: Instant; see text
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Cupping your hands to your mouth, you seem to unleash a powerful scream, inaudible to all but a single target.
- If you choose to target an enemy, the target is disoriented for 1 round and takes (Circle 1 damage): 1d4 points of damage per character level (max 5d4 at character level 5) of Sonic (energy, common) Damage. A successful save as described above instead inflicts the Unsteady condition for 1 round and halves the damage.
- If you choose to target an ally, they suffer no damage but are instead rendered Blind to sound from all sources except yourself. You may speak to them normally, but all other sounds are lost, rendering them Immune to many sonic-based effects.
- Deaf creatures are not affected by this spell.