Elemental Aura (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 3
- School: Abjuration
- Bloodline: boreal 3
- Elemental School: air 3, earth 3, fire 3, water 3
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A copper amulet, engraved with elemental symbols, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: you
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 caster level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You speak phrases that match the sort of aura you wish to possess. You hang an amulet around your neck, and it dissolves in mid-motion into the aura you desired.
- This spell forms an aura of energy around you, protecting you and damaging all those that come near you. Choose a common energy type. Creatures adjacent to you when this spell is cast and at the start of each of your turns take (Circle 1 damage): 1d4 points of damage per character level (max 5d4 at character level 5) points of energy damage of the selected type.
- Creatures adjacent to you are allowed a saving throw as defined above for half damage. You may only have one Elemental Aura in effect at one time.
- This aura has an additional effect, granting you temporary hitpoints equal to your caster level against all forms of damage that are NOT the energy type you chose. Against that type of damage, you instead take 1 and a half times normal damage.
- Special: If you Manaburn this spell, in addition to the normal increase in Circle, the temporary hitpoints you gain increase by 5 per additional spell you Burn.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.