Emblazon Crest (Spell)
- Level: Paladin 4, Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Transmutation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, F (an example of the crest or coat of arms, worth at least 10,000 gp)
- Range: Self, plus see below
- Target or Area: one target creature within melee range
- Duration: Until the end of your next full night's rest
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This spell ensures the caster is always able to display their crest, coat of arms, or other distinctive symbol in an unmistakable fashion, and use that bold declaration against their enemies in a potent fashion.
- Any robe, shirt, tabard or tunic worn and/or any implement or shield carried by the subject while this spell is active can be made to display a coat of arms or other distinctive symbol when the spell is cast. For example, even if the subject picks up a different shield or changes robes, it still displays the subject’s crest, regardless of the items normal appearance. This serves to make you instantly recognizable to any creature who successfully makes a Perception check to see you. If you are attempting to use Stealth while under the effects of this spell, all target DC's to see you are lowered by 5.
- In addition, in combat, as a swift action, the caster may display their Emblazoned Crest by showing off their colors on their robe or tabard, or by brandishing their implement or shield. This does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and if there is an enemy creature within melee range (either yours, or theirs) when you display your Crest you may force them to make a Will Save against the DC described above. If they fail their save they take (Circle 9 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 25d6+75 at character level 25) as holy (energy, rare) damage if the spell is Divine in nature, or as Stellar (energy, rare) damage if the spell is Arcane. If they make their save, they take half that damage.
- Displaying the Emblazoned Crest in this way dispels the spell and ends all effects.
- This spell lays a dual charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell instead lays a dual charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have a dual charge, a divine charge, or an arcane charge, may choose only one of these effects to keep. Dual charges are treated as both an arcane and a divine charge, and a creature may only ever have a single arcane charge and divine charge present on them at a time.