Embrace Destiny (Spell)
- Level: Cleric 1, Sorcerer/Wizard 2
- School: Universal
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: You
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: No
- You cast this magic forth, reaching into the infinite sea of the possible, and you pluck forth a single instant. That instant is now melded into your aura, immutable.
- Upon completing this spell, roll a single d20 and record the result. At any point during the duration of this spell, you MUST use that roll for a single ability check, attack roll, Initiative check, saving throw, or skill check, using the recorded result in place of a roll. This spell cannot be used to replace a roll that has already been made; the recorded result must be used instead of a roll. Once you have used this recorded result or the duration of the spell ends, the spell’s effect ends. You can’t have more than one instance of embrace destiny active on you at the same time.
- If you do not use the moment, if you chose NOT to embrace your destiny, then the moment dissipates from your aura and rips loose a piece of your Destined Self in doing so. You suffer (Circle 8 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 21d6+63 at character level 21) of primal (untyped, irresistable) damage and 1d6 points of Essence Destruction. It is generally MUCH less painful to wisely 'use up' a 'bad roll' during the duration, rather than suffer these dire consequences.