- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 4
- School: Necromancy
- Subdomain: loss 5, undead 4
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: ray of negative energy
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You point your finger and fire a black Ray of negative energy that suppresses the life force of any living creature it strikes. You must make a ranged Touch Attack to hit. If you hit, the subject gains 1d4 points of Essence Suppression. Points of Essence Suppression stack.
- Assuming the subject survives the encounter, it regains lost abilities at the end of the encounter.
- Synergy: If a creature receives any other status condition while it is suffering from the status condition laid by this spell, the old condition may be replaced with a new effect. In such cases, the dire energy of this spell inflicts (Circle 5 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 15d6+15 at character level 15) of Negative Energy (energy, uncommon) damage as it is expelled from the victims's body.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.