Eruptive Pustules (Spell)
- Level: Alchemist 3, Sorcerer/Wizard 3
- School: Transmutation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Short
- Target or Area: one target creature
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Your skin erupts in swollen, pus-filled bumps that burst open if you are struck...or if you deliberately burst them. Any creature that strikes you with its body or a handheld weapon deals normal damage, but at the same time the attacker is subject to a ray attack as the boils burst messily under the attack. Make a ranged touch attack. If successful, the attacker takes (Circle 3 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 10d6 at character level 10) of acid (energy, common) damage, and is sickened for 1 round. If you strike a target already suffering from the Sickened condition with this spell, the condition is elevated to Afflicted. If you strike a target already suffering from Afflicted due to this spell, the condition is elevated to Nauseated. Note that this spell can be extremely effective against creatures with Bite attacks.
- If the attack against you is a critical hit, the ray attack gains a +4 Arcane bonus to-hit.
- If you choose to burst the boils yourself, this takes a standard action and the ray of acid erupts as above. There is no chance of critically bursting your own vile buboes, so don't ask. If desired, the action of bursting the boils may be combined with the action of casting the spell, which leads to all manner of unfortunate options with metamagic feats....
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.