Condition Severity: Moderate
Your mind is coming undone, and you are forgetting... important... um.
- Each time you are affected by Essence Omission, you must choose one of the following of your existing abilities:
- a feat
- a class feature — this can be anything you gained due to leveling up in one of your character classes, including a rogue talent, fighter tactic, rage power, or a fixed ability, such as sneak attack, smite, defender of the faith, etc.
- all spell slots of a given spell level (spontaneous) -or- all memorized spells using spell slots of a given spell level (prepared) — for example, a sorcerer could choose to lose the use of all their 2nd level spells, while a wizard might choose to forget all spells using 4th level spell slots.
- a greater racial trait — you may not choose to give up a lesser trait or a general trait.
- You lose the use of this selected feat, class feature, spell level, or racial trait, until the essence omission has been cured.
- You do not lose the use of other abilities which weren't stripped away by essence omission (or one of the other essence damaging conditions, namely suppression or destruction), even if you have lost one or more of the prerequisites of those abilities. That is, if you have Dodge (Feat), Mobility (Feat), and Spring Attack (Feat), and lost the use of Dodge, you could still use Mobility and Spring Attack, unless you also lost the use of one or both of those.
- Essence omission stacks. That is, if you are affected by essence omission three times in an encounter, you must choose three different abilities among your feats, class features, spell levels, or racial traits, to lose. You may not select an ability you have already lost.
- If applied to a monster, essence omission causes the monster to lose either one of its feats or one of its special abilities. If it has no feats or special abilities to lose, or has already lost of it its feats and special abilities, essence omission has no further effect.
- A single ability lost due to essence omission can be regained via the Restoration spell.
- All abilities lost due to essence omission can be regained via either Restoration, Greater (Spell), Wish (Spell), or Miracle (Spell).
- Unless otherwise cured, all abilities lost due to essence omission are recovered after a full night's rest (usually 8 hours).