Essence of Motion (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Conjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (a tuning fork, worth 1 gp)
- Range: Touch and Close, See below
- Target or Area: one target creature
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Upon barking out the staccato phrases of Essence of Motion, the Caster may reach out and perform a Melee touch attack. This touch attack is included in the Standard action of casting this spell.
- If this touch attack is successful, then the target of the spell is instantly teleported anywhere within the spell's Close range to which the caster has line of sight and line of effect. If the target is teleported into the air or into an open space, they take damage from a fall as normal.
- If the touched target does not wish to move, they may fall Prone, and they are not in that case moved. However, thwarting the powerful magics of Essence of Motion in this way has terrible effects, and as the magical energy of the thwarted spell boils free of their bodies, they suffer (Circle 7 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 20d6+40 at character level 20) of interstice (physical, rare) damage.