Fear (Bard Spell)
- Level: Bard 4
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (The heart of a hen or a white feather, worth 1 gp or 0 gp if 'found'. Bleah.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: Cone-shaped burst, 6x6 square area adjacent to caster's space.
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- As you finish murmuring the barely audible words of this spell, you suddenly scream! An invisible cone of terror causes each living creature in the area to gain the Cringing condition and suffer (Circle 3 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 10d6 at character level 10) points of Psychic (energy, uncommon) damage, unless it succeeds on a Willpower save against the DC described above. If the save succeeds, the creature is shaken for 1 round and takes only half damage.