Feather Step (Bard Spell)
- Level: Bard 1
- School: Transmutation
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: one target creature, creature touched
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Fortitude negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- For the duration of this spell, the subject ignores the adverse movement effects of 1 square of difficult terrain per combat round, and can even take 5-foot steps in difficult terrain. The number of squares of difficult terrain that are ignored increase to 2 per round at character level 5, 3 at level 10, 4 at level 15, 5 at level 20, 8 at level 25, 12 at level 30, and all squares at level 35.
- This spell adds 1 mile per hour to Overland Travel made under its effects, and all Overland Travel is treated as if being made on a Highway.
- This spell has no effect on Impeded Terrain.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.