(Redirected from Flat-footed)
Condition Severity: Weak
You have been caught off-guard, exposing you to attack.
- You suffer a -4 penalty to AC, and Maneuver Defense.
- You cannot make attacks of opportunity, unless you have Combat Reflexes (Feat).
- You cannot make immediate actions.
- You are susceptible to abilities which require a flat-footed target to activate, such as a rogue's sneak attack.
- Characters which have not yet acted in the first round of combat are (typically) flat-footed, unable to react normally until their initiative comes up.
- Note that characters with Uncanny Dodge are immune to the Flat-Footed status condition.
- The Flat-Footed condition automatically ends at the start of your next turn.
- If you become flat-footed in the middle of your current turn, you can spend a swift action to attempt an Escape Artist check against the Maneuver Defense of the creature who inflicted this status. If there is no creature involved, the target is a challenging DC based on the CR (challenge rating) of the effect. If you succeed on the check, you immediately shrug off the condition. You may only attempt this once – if you fail the Escape Artist check, you must wait until the start of your next turn for the condition to end.