- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (an unsprouted seed, worth 1 gp)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe) — a 7x7 square cone originating from a square in range
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Upon snarling the vile, guttural words of the powerful Fleshblight spell, the caster reaches deep into the well of the Nascent Seed and for a mere instant, tears a portal into that place of dire, cthonic, fecundity. In the instant this hand-sized portal exists, a shower of billions of corpuscles of the life-stuff of creation pour forth like a torrent of black, spiky motes. Then the portal snaps shut, sealing away the root source of all existence.
- The effects of this powerful and feared spell remain, however.
- The caster of fleshblight chooses a square to which they have line of sight and line of effect within Close range (25 feet plus five feet per two caster levels). That square then has a 7x7 cone issue from it in any direction the caster chooses. From the origin square, all affected creatures must be within line of effect for the motes of dire black energy to have any effect.
- All creatures, friend or foe, who are wholly or partially within the area of effect, suffer (Circle 7 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 20d6+40 at character level 20) of necrotic (energy, uncommon) damage and suffer 2 points of Charisma Ability Drain as the very structure of their existence is destroyed, corrupted, and terribly warped. Affected creatures are allowed to make a saving throw as described above to lower the damage inflicted by half and suffer only one point of ability damage. The anima-inducing qualities of this energy do not care if the target creatures are alive or dead, flesh, plant, stone, or any other composition. Indeed, the very ground and walls struck by Fleshblight will exhibit weird welts and buboes as they briefly stir with inimical existence.
- Creatures who are struck by Fleshblight and survive almost always bear some mark from this experience unless they receive some form of magical healing to erase the effects.