Fluid Form (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 6
- School: Transmutation
- Subdomain: flowing 6, rivers 6
- Elemental School: water 6
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: S, M (A mixture of oil and water in a scribed vial, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: Creature touched
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You hold a vial of water and oil. You move the vial in a staggeringly complex series of movements and gestures, as the fluid begins to glow. The faint glow spreads to cover your body, or the body of the creature you touch, and the vial is gone. When you cast this spell, the body and all possessions of the creature touched take on a slick, oily appearance. Their form becomes slightly translucent, as if you can see an inch or so 'into' their newly fluid form.
- For the duration of this spell, their form can stretch and shift with ease and becomes slightly transparent, as if you were composed of liquid. This transparency is not enough to grant partial concealment. This odd state confers many benefits, such as:
- * The recipient is immune to critical hits. Such devastating strikes have no place to inflict their additional harm.
- * The recipient has their melee reach increase to 10 feet. If they already had a reach of ten feet or more (such as if they were wielding a Great Whip), then they gain an extra five feet of reach.
- * The recipient can pass through small holes or narrow openings, and take no penalties from Squeezing. This allows you to ignore most doors and windows for purposes of movement, or pour yourself into a non-air-tight chest to examine what's inside, and a myriad of other useful effects. The GM adjudicates all unusual circumstances.
- * The recipient may choose to change their damage type with their attacks to winded (physical, uncommon) damage, as they pour portions of their weapons into the breathing passages of enemies in battle.
- * Finally, the recipient can move through water with a swim speed of 60 feet and can breathe both water and air for the duration of this effect.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.