Fog Cloud (Ranger Poultice)
- Level: Ranger 1
- School: Abjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A vial of water condensed from a fog, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), in a fog that spreads in 40-ft. diameter, 20 feet high (an 8 x 8 x 4 square) area.
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: No
- This poultice is made of pine needles and various succulents, leaves and seaweeds. The holder moistens it with a vial of special water, the poultice bubbling and fuming furiously. The holder designates a spot with range as defined above, and the bolt of dense fog that was once the plaster shoots to the designated square and bursts extravagantly. A bank of fog billows out from the point you designate. The fog obscures all sight, including Darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has partial concealment (20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance).
- A moderate wind (11+ mph) disperses and dispels the effect in 2 rounds; a strong wind (21+ mph) disperses and dispels the effect in 1 round. The spell effect cannot penetrate liquids, nor can it be cast underwater or in other fluids. Other Environmental Effects may disperse or enhance it at the GM's discretion.
- This spell is subject to dispersal by Dispersing spells. Dispersing spells contain vigorous winds, fresh air, air currents, or other effects. Squares of this spells effect which intersect with a Dispersing Spell's squares of effect are dispelled, but all other squares remain. GM's adjudicate all unusual circumstances.
- Dispersing Spells include Dispersing (Aggressive Thundercloud (Druid Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Druid Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Air Step (Alchemist Extract), Air Step (Bard Spell), Air Step (Cleric Spell), Air Step (Druid Spell), Air Step (Paladin Spell), Air Step (Ranger Poultice), Air Step (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Calm Air (Druid Spell), Calm Air (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Cloak of Winds (Druid Spell), Cloak of Winds (Ranger Poultice), Cloak of Winds (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Freedom (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Gust of Wind (Druid Spell), Gust of Wind (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Hurricane Blast (Druid Spell), Hurricane Blast (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Pillar of Fire (Druid Spell), Pillar of Fire (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Resilient Sphere (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Scouring Winds (Druid Spell), Scouring Winds (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Telekinetic Sphere (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Wind Wall (Cleric Spell), Wind Wall (Druid Spell), Wind Wall (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell)), and any other effects the GM rules as dispersing gases, fogs, mists, etc.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.
- The charge this spell lays affects the caster, not the creatures in the fog.