Fog Cloud (Spell)
- Level: Alchemist 1, Druid 2, Ranger 1, Sorcerer/Wizard 2
- School: Abjuration
- Domain: water 2, weather 2
- Elemental School: water 2
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A vial of water condensed from a fog, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), in a fog that spreads in 20-ft. radius, 20 feet high (a 9x9x4 square space).
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: No
- A bank of fog billows out from the point you designate. The fog obscures all sight, including Darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment. Creatures farther away have total concealment.
- A moderate wind (11+ mph) disperses and dispels the effect in 2 rounds; a strong wind (21+ mph) disperses and dispels the effect in 1 round. The spell effect cannot penetrate liquids, nor can it be cast underwater or in other fluids. Other Environmental Effects may disperse or enhance it at the GM's discretion.
- This spell is subject to dispersal by Dispersing spells. Dispersing spells contain vigorous winds, fresh air, air currents, or other effects. Squares of this spells effect which intersect with a Dispersing Spell's squares of effect are dispelled, but all other squares remain. GM's adjudicate all unusual circumstances.
- Dispersing Spells include Dispersing (Wind Wall (Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud (Spell), Gust of Wind (Spell), Air Step (Spell), Cloak of Winds (Spell), Hurricane Blast (Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Spell), Calm Air (Spell), Resilient Sphere (Spell), Telekinetic Sphere (Spell), Scouring Winds (Spell), Freedom (Spell), Pillar of Fire (Spell)), and any other effects the GM rules as dispersing gases, fogs, mists, etc.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.
- The charge this spell lays affects the caster, not the creatures in the fog.