Forceful Hand of the Magus (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 6
- School: Evocation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, F (a soft glove worth 25gp)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: See Below
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Intoning the weighty passages of Forceful Hand creates a grey-glowing spectral hand in your space, or adjacent to your space. This hand appears massively boned, thick-fingered and strong, often seeming to wear a gauntlet. It may be size Tiny (30"), Small (45"), Medium (60") or even Large (120"). The Size Small, Medium, or Large Hand must have available open (unoccupied, unblocked) spaces to manifest, or the spell fails. Once summoned, the spaces of the Hand is considered Occupied, and friend and foe alike who wish to move into or through that space must use the normal rules (such as Clamber, Move Through, etc.) to do so, using the Casters Maneuver Defense and other stats.
- This hand cannot be targeted by any attack except Dispel Magic (Spell), Mage's Disjunction (Spell), and the like. If ordered to enter an Antimagic Field, or ordered to move beyond the range of the spell, the effect immediately ends. Note that this renders it immune to attacks of opportunity, not provoking, and all other sorts of conventional attack.
- Once summoned, this hand may serve in all respects as a Hand of the Magus (Spell) except it may handle a weight up to your Heavy load without complaint and may move up to 60 feet in a single round. Aside from that useful function, it may be used for several additional functions.
- Despite its heavy, brutal construction, the Forceful Hand is remarkably dextrous, and can be used to make skill rolls at range (such as Disable Traps, or Sleight of Hand), and can perform the Bull Rush Combat Maneuver, using the caster's Caster Check in place of the normal Maneuver Offense check.
- The Hand can be ordered to Bull Rush one opponent you select as a move action, moving from your adjacent spaces up to 60 feet to the space of the designated opponent as part of the Move action. The Forceful Hand gets one Bull Rush maneuver check, which dispels the effect and drops any carried objects unattended in the space from which it began the Bull Rush attempt. If the Caster Check succeeds, the Bull Rushed foe is moved as normal, but suffers Bull Rush damage as bludgeoning (physical, common) damage, taking (Circle 6 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 16d6+32 at character level 16), plus an additional 5 points for each 5 by which your Caster Check exceeds the target's Maneuver Defense. The hand always moves with the opponent to push them back as far as possible. It has no movement limit for this purpose.
- The Forceful Hand can instead be directed to interpose itself, as Interposing Hand of the Magus (Spell) does, granting cover against one foe. In such cases, directing the spell to a new target is a separate move action.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.