Form of the Dragon I (Spell)
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A tiny carving of the dragon you plan to emulate, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: you
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- When you cast this spell, you change yourself into the semblance of a dragon! You grow large and terrible, you have a powerful jaw on a long, sinuous neck, you walk on all fours and have mighty wings. You must choose at the time of casting one of the Draconic Types below you wish to emulate. Once chosen, you may not change this form unless you change back to your normal form and cast this spell again. When you cast this spell, your body is utterly consumed by the draconic form you choose, and all of your abilities become those of your new form.
- The base abilities of your new, draconic, form are based upon the template below. You gain all of the abilities of the template whose CR matches your character level at the time you cast this spell.
- This spell converts you completely and utterly into the form of the draconic creature you choose. Unlike most polymorph type spells, there is no chance you can effectively mimic an actual Dragon with this spell, and so there is no bonus to your Disguise rolls from this spell. Now, if you are so good you can fool people into thinking you're a Dragon with pure Skill, then congratulations! Regardless of which Dragon Type you choose to become, your actual type becomes Protean for the duration of the spell (and, as a result, you gain a vulnerability to silvered weapons, taking 50% extra damage from them).
- This spell always makes you into a sized Large Draconic Creature.
- While under the effects of this spell, the following rules apply to the template above you choose: Size large creatures do not have to Squeeze to fit into a Large space (120 inches or greater, 2 squares), suffer a -1 size penalty to AC (both regular and flat-footed), and Stealth checks, and gain a +1 bonus to their Might skill and Maneuver Defense, and their Walk speed is increased by +10 feet. Size Large creatures cannot share a 5-foot-square with another creature, unless squeezing.
- You gain the powers below, depending upon the type of Dragon you choose. These powers are added to the base powers of the template you chose above, and never apply to your normal form.
- Gain Greater Flight 30 feet.
- During any Full Attack action, your Claw attacks are Area of Effect, and you may roll an attack against all creatures wholly or partially within a 10 foot (2x2) area adjacent to your space. Roll damage once and apply it to all creatures struck. NOTE: This means you can accidentally hit your friends! Use with caution.
- Once per encounter you gain a Breath Weapon. As a standard action, you may roll the Special Attack Damage listed in the template and apply it to all creatures wholly or partially in a space defined by the dragon type below. Affected creatures are allowed a Reflex saving throw against the DC listed in the template above to take half damage. This damage is inflicted in the damage type listed in the dragon type you choose below. NOTE: In Draconic form you do not have access to any Feats, which includes Selective! Use with caution.
Dragon Types Available:
- While you are polymorphed, you do not gain access to any of your normal abilities, or any of the abilities of any creature type you are emulating, unless it is part of your ability to change your shape. You cannot use feats or skills based upon your normal self, you do not gain or lose any modifiers for any Stats, you gain no benefit or penalty for any normal magic item, you do not have your normal armor class, hit points, maneuver offense or defense, saving throw bonuses, class abilities, or anything else. For all intents and purposes, the polymorph has 'overwritten' your entire self, and the only abilities you have are those of your assumed form, and any abilities granted to you by the change into this new shape.
- All damage you suffer while polymorphed is tallied against your new form's hit point total. If you change back to your normal form while still damaged, all of that damage transfers to your normal form as non-lethal damage. If you are driven unconscious (your hit points reduced to zero or less) while in your polymorphed form, the spell is immediately dispelled and you revert to your normal form, and all damage your polymorphed form suffered (including any negative hit points the 'final blow' gave you) is doubled, and then applied to your normal hit points as non-lethal damage. This is very likely to drive you unconscious, also leaving you helpless. If your polymorphed form was suffering from any disease, poison, or any other condition of any sort when the spell ends, then that condition transfers to your true form as well.
- While you are polymorphed, you may still be healed by your allies, and you still count as their ally for any abilities they possess.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.