- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Abjuration
- Domain: liberation 9
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A sharp cutting implement, worth 1gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 10 caster levels (drop fractions; max 4 at level 30), all of which must be within 30 feet of each other.
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Freedom is a rhythmic chant of staccato syllables, delivered in a potent rush of power, and ending in a rising rush of wordless sound, cut off abruptly.
- The effect is simple, but profound: All subjects who fail their saving throw (and most allies will choose this option), have all conditions affecting them removed, save only death.
- While this is an amazingly potent effect, that is only the beginning of the wonders of Freedom.
- In addition to any conditions, each subject creature is freed from spells and effects that restrict movement, including Binding (Spell), Entangle (Spell), Grappling, Imprisonment (Spell), Maze (Spell), Paralysis, Petrification, Pinning, Sleep (Spell), Slow (Spell), Stunning, Temporal Stasis (Spell), and Web (Spell). Note that Freedom renders Freed creatures not only free of the conditions which were affecting them, it renders them immune to being affected by ongoing effects again. IE, if a creature is Freed from a Web spell effect, not only are their conditions wiped away, they are now immune to being Entangled again by that same Web.
- Of course, a new instance of all effects may place new conditions on targets, so it might be useful to have a couple of these in reserve....
- Note: To free a creature from Imprisonment (Spell) or Maze (Spell), you must know its name and background, and you must cast this spell while within range of the spot where it was entombed or banished into the Maze (Spell).
- This spell can be used to disperse Obscuring spells. Gases, fogs, and vapors that intersect the squares occupied by this spell are dispersed in those squares.
- Obscuring spells include: Obscuring (Acid Fog (Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud (Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Spell), Barrow Haze (Spell), Cloudkill (Spell), Euphoric Cloud (Spell), Fog Cloud (Spell), Incendiary Cloud (Spell), Mind Fog (Spell), Nauseating Trail (Spell), Plague Storm (Spell), Solid Fog (Spell), Stinking Cloud (Spell), Twilight Haze (Spell)), and any other effects the GM rules as being affected.