Freezing Sphere (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 6
- School: Enchantment
- Subdomain: ice 7
- Elemental School: water 6
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, F (A small crystal sphere, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Long (200 ft. + 20 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), in a 30 foot radius around a target square (a 13 x 13 square space)
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You invoke passages from the Tome of Winter, rolling a small crystal sphere over and through your fingers with absent skill. As you speak, the area you have chosen, to which you have line of sight and line of effect, seems to fall into a freezing twilight. The light grows blue, all surfaces shimmer with frost, and the air grows razor sharp with the bite of cold. The border of this area is sharply outlined, a vast sphere within which, Dark Night reigns.
- Freezing Sphere flash-freezes everything wholly or partially in a location you select, dealing (Circle 6 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 16d6+32 at character level 16) of cold (energy, common) damage. Creature are allowed a saving throw as described above for half damage.
- If the Freezing Sphere contains wholly or partly a body of water or a liquid that is principally water (not including water-based creatures), it freezes the liquid to a depth of 6 inches in all squares within the effect. This will allow the use of Walk on the ice for as long as it persists. This ice lasts until the end of the caster's next encounter. Attempts to melt it earlier are left to the GM to adjudicate. Creatures that were swimming on the surface of a targeted body of water become trapped in the ice. Attempting to break free is a full-round action. A trapped creature must make a Maneuver Offense roll against the casters Maneuver Defense in order to break free.