- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 5
- School: Abjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V,S,M (A clinker from a volcano, carved with a rune, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), a 30 foot cone (a 6x6 squares space) adjacent to your space
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You stand tall, arms above your head clutching a clinker from a volcano. Your voice is rough as you chant the praises of the volcanic eruption...until you erupt!
- A roaring cone of fire and cinders bursts from your body and fills a 30 foot cone (a 6x6 square) adjacent to your space. All creatures wholly or partially in the cone suffer (Circle 4 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 12d6+12 at character level 12) of scouring (energy, uncommon) damage, and are pushed directly away from the casters space 1 square, plus 1 square per ten caster levels (round down), with an outer limit that they cannot be pushed outside the cone area of effect. A saving throw as detailed above lowers the damage by half, and reduces the Push by half (round down.)
- Even after the eruption of flame, this spell leaves the caster wreathed in a hissing sheathe of flames and cinders. The first creature to successfully strike the caster with a natural or melee weapon suffers (Circle 5 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 15d6+15 at character level 15) of scouring (energy, uncommon) damage. There is no saving throw against this effect. Creatures with Spell Resistance check once when they attack, and if they are immune to the spell, they may attack without punishment, but the spell is not discharged. Once the spell discharges in this way, the spell ends.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.