Gentle Repose (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 3
- School: Necromancy
- Domain: repose 2
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (Salt, and two runed copper medallions, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: one target creature, one corpse touched
- Duration: Until the next full moon
- Saving Throw: Will negates
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You preserve the remains of a dead creature so that they do not decay. Doing so effectively extends the time limit on raising that creature from the dead (see Raise Dead (Spell)). Days spent under the influence of this spell don't count against the time limit. Additionally, this spell makes transporting a slain (and thus decaying) comrade less unpleasant.
- The spell also works on severed body parts and the like, and can be used to quiet destroyed Undead, slowing how long it takes them to rise again.