Gift of the Rider (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Illusion
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V,S,M (A small, poorly-made mirror, worth 1gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 10 caster levels (drop fractions; max 4 at level 30) ally creatures, all of whom must be within 30 feet of each other
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- The cheerful, positive stanzas of this spell invoke the energizing powers of the universe to help your allies, no matter their demeanor. Upon pronunciation of the last syllable of this spell, the Rider is invoked upon your allies as described above, gifting them with eerie powers from beyond mundane reality.
- The Rider is a truly mysterious entity from realms beyond all mortal ken, and It is happy to Gift Its benefits upon any who are properly invoked...which includes all recipients of this spell, regardless of their own demeanor. In other words, the Rider is tricked by an Illusory veil of the recipients nature, such that they receive the Boon of the Rider.
- All allied creatures who fall within the strictures of this potent spell (see above) are immediately granted +20 speed with all movement types they possess, and once during the spell's duration may make a 20 foot move as a Greater Teleport as a swift action. In addition, once during the spells duration, allied creatures may expend a move action as though it is a standard action (i.e., instead of the standard "swift, move, and standard" actions that round, recipients get a "swift, standard, and standard" that round), and further, may use an Action Point as if it were the third round of combat or greater at any time.
- Note that Gift of the Rider does not grant any native actions, nor does it grant any free Actions Points, it merely allows those affected to use such things much more quickly and easily.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.