Glitterdust (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 2
- School: Enchantment
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A pinch of ground mica, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), creatures and objects within 25-foot diameter spread (5x5 square area)
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You croon the beautiful phrases of this spell in a gentle voice, as if coaxing the magics to act, rather than commanding. Your bashful entreaties work perfectly, as the magic is eager to respond.
- A cloud of golden particles of the purest magic covers everyone and everything in the area you choose. This inflicts (Circle 2 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 6d6 at character level 6) of light (energy, uncommon) damage, as well as causing creatures to become blinded to all visual senses and visibly outlining invisible things for the duration of the spell, negating all benefits of the invisible state. A saving throw as defined above halves the damage and negates the blindness, but the effects versus the invisible remain until the end of combat unless the charge laid by this spell is overwritten.
- All creatures and unattended objects within the area are covered by the dust, which cannot be removed save by Dispel Magic, Disjunction, and similar effects, and of course, it does not function within Antimagic effects. This dust continues to sparkle until the end of combat.
- Any creature covered by the dust takes a -10 penalty on Stealth checks.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.