Grasping Hand of the Magus (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 7
- School: Evocation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, F (a soft glove)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: 10-ft. hand
- Duration: Until the end of your next full night's rest
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will partial)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This spell manifests a vast hand, size Large, of massive, solid build. The Hand must have available open (unoccupied, unblocked) spaces to manifest, or the spell fails. Once summoned, the spaces of the Hand are not considered Occupied, and friend and foe alike who wish to move into or through that space may do so freely. This hand may be used for any purpose as Hand of the Magus (Spell), except that it is vastly larger and stronger, it may move up to 100 feet in a single round when bid to pick up objects, and since the Grasping Hand acts with surpassing gentleness, despite its brutish appearance, it never inflicts damage of any sort to any creature.
- During its duration, the Grasping Hand of the Magus will carry without effort a load up to and equal to the 'Drag' allowance granted by the caster's Strength. This does not encumber the caster in any way.
- This hand cannot be targeted by any attack except Dispel Magic (Spell), Mage's Disjunction (Spell), and the like.
- Even more usefully, the Grasping Hand can pick up and carry without harm as many friendly creatures as can fit into a 10 by 10 foot space. Grasping these creatures is a standard action for the caster. As a move action, the caster may then command the hand to carry them to any square within spell range of the caster's current location (at the beginning of the movement) and gently deposit them on their feet. This movement is completely safe from enemy creature action, the magic of the hand serving to shield any conveyed creatures from attacks of opportunity, although they must still brave any environmental hazards or area of effect abilities such as gaze attacks or aura's. Note that the caster can be one of the creatures carried.
- The Hand may not hold creatures from round to round: It must re-grasp and then move creatures each round this action is desired. Grasping creatures does not cause the Hand to drop any other carried gear, and the weight of the carried creatures does not count against the weight limit that the Hand may carry.
- If the Hand is ordered to move beyond its range or into an anti-magic field, or it is dispelled or disjoined, then any creatures being carried are dropped Prone in the last space the hand occupied.