Greater Oculus Electricum (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 8
- School: Evocation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (An eye, carved out of amber, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Long (200 ft. + 20 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: one target creature, struck by a splash attack as you choose
- Duration: Until the end of your next full night's rest
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You hold an amber eyeball as you snarl the hissing, crackling phrases of this weird magic. The amber eye glows golden, then searing, actinic blue, then dissolves into lightning in your grasp. You raise the searing ball of lightning to your face and press it into your eyes, blinding you.
- While under the effects of this spell, you may choose to 'store' the power of the dweomer in your own eyes. This has the effect of giving you the Blind condition to all visual-based senses for as long as the magic resides. In exchange, you gain Heartsight with a range of 120 feet, and living creatures cast their Heart-Light in a radius of 10 feet from the edges of their space. This means you walk through a black void, unable to see walls, floor, or anything else further than 10 feet from your space, or the space of any other living creature within 120 feet of you. Within 10 feet of yourself or any other living creature, you can see perfectly, ignoring all other conditions that affect light or dark.
- This effect is more disorienting than useful, until you get used to seeing the world in pulsing shades of electric blue, the bright, beating hearts and spark-lit brains of your allies like beacons in the utter night you stride through. But the 'secondary' effects of Greater Oculus Electricum make this spell deadly indeed.
- As a standard action (which may be combined with the action of casting this spell if desired (yes, you may Quicken this spell and cast it and attack as a swift action)), you may release the contained electric charge in your eyes. A searing orb of electricity soars forth. This orb is treated as a splash weapon, with a maximum range equal to the spell range above and no range modifiers to-hit. You are considered to be proficient with this splash weapon. When it lands, it inflicts (Circle 8 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 21d6+63 at character level 21) of lightning (energy, common) damage to its direct target, and half that amount as splash damage to all squares adjacent to the targeted square. Even worse, all affected targets gain the dazzled condition, without benefit of save.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.