Grove of Respite (Ranger Poultice)
- Level: Ranger 4
- School: Conjuration
- Casting Time: Ritual (typically 10 minutes)
- Components: V, S, M (a large seed, etched with runes, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: 20-ft.-radius grove (a 9 x 9 space)
- Duration: Until the end of your next full night's rest
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: No
- This poultice is brewed from both hardy plants like grasses and lichens, as well as succulents and various herbs and botanicals. The holder activates the plaster by steeping a large runed seed in the plaster, muttering encouragement to it, until after ten minutes or so the seed suddenly germinates into a large comfortable grove, with leafy plants and comfortable breezes. While on a Material Plane, when you cast this spell, you create a sheltered grove of trees surrounding a shallow spring. The grove appears from nowhere even in the most barren, rocky soil regardless of season, but the spell must be cast outside on open ground.
- The area within the grove is temperate and comfortable, like that of a Tiny Hut (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), although the grove provides no illumination and provides no protection from the elements. The water in the grove's spring is clean and drinkable. Additionally, the trees provide a variety of ripe fruit, regardless of season, which acts as a Goodberry (Ranger Poultice) for up to eight people. The grove is warded with an Alarm (Ranger Poultice) that alerts you whenever any creature enters the area. Once the spell expires, the grove vanishes, including all fruit, water, and other materials from it, although any nourishment or healing gained from its effects remains.
- This spell may not be cast on any non-Material Plane. A higher level spell is required for such adventurous camp sites.