Guiding Star (Ranger Poultice)
- Level: Ranger 2
- School: Universal
- Casting Time: Ritual (typically ten minutes)
- Components: V, S, M (A bit of astrally-exposed material, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: You
- Duration: Until the next full moon
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You slowly turn, murmuring a chant of utter concentration, your finger pointing at everything you see. You carefully, ritually, examine every inch of your surroundings, fixing them in your mind and then, slowly, you draw forth the very essence of "place" from every thing you see. You form that essence of place into a beacon, that shines only in your own mind, and you nail that beacon to the place that formed it.
- Once formed, this shining ball in your mind is now nailed to the placeness of where the ritual was formed. You can now see that glow in your field of vision no matter how far you travel, a shining beacon to guide you to return.
- Once the Star is formed, you can see it, shining behind walls and clouds and mountains, an utter fixed point, that always leads to the place where you cast the ritual. Nothing can block the seeing of the star, because it is inside your mind.
- For the remaining duration of the spell you can always, as a standard action, determine your approximate distance from that area as well as the direction you must travel in order to reach it. You cannot determine the location of the area if you are on a different plane. The area counts as "very familiar" for the purposes of Teleport (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell) or similar spells. You can only attune yourself to one location at a time. If you cast the spell at another spot you lose the ability to locate your original area.
- For as long as the spell persists, you may take 20 on one Survival skill roll per day, and you regain twice as many hitpoints for a night of rest.