Haunting Mists (Spell)
- Level: Bard 2, Sorcerer/Wizard 2
- School: Illusion (figment)
- Elemental School: void 2
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: Mist fills all open squares within 20 feet of your space (a 9x9 area with you in the center).
- Duration: Until the start of your next turn
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You speak in a loose, mystical fashion, your voice hollow as you arms make wide, spreading gestures. Dense mist billows from your gestures, shockingly abundant, and fills a huge volume around your space. Then, the horrors filling the mist reveal themselves....
- An Illusion of misty vapor inhabited by shadowy shapes surrounds and envelops you. It is stationary. The illusory mist obscures all visual senses, including Darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment. Creatures farther away have total concealment. All creatures within the mist suffer (Circle 2 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 6d6 at character level 6) of gnashing (physical, uncommon) as they are attacked by the shapes in the mist and gain the shaken condition. A successful saving throw as defined above reduces the damage by half, changes the damage inflicted to fictive (energy, uncommon) damage, and negates the Shaken condition. The mist persists until the caster acts again, and then vanishes. Note that the caster is NOT inherently immune to the effects of this spell, although you automatically make your saving throw, unless you choose to fail it deliberately.