Heart of Glass (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 8
- School: Transmutation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V,S,M (A handful of broken glass, worth 1gp, or 0gp if found.)
- Range: Long (200 ft. + 20 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: one target creature within spell range
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- The brisk, delicate phrases of this spell sound almost too dainty for verbalization. Upon completion of the fragile declarations of this spell, the caster must choose a target creature within Long range as described above, as well as a single damage class to make the target creature susceptible to, which must be chosen at the time the spell is cast:
- Physical Common (Bludgeoning, Crushing, Piercing, Slashing, Slime)
- Physical Uncommon (Abrasion, Buffeting, Corrosion, Drilling, Falling, Gnashing, Hacking, Poison, Ripping, Rugosic, Winded)
- Physical Rare (Disintegration, Dissolving, Flensing, Fracturing, Interstice, Laceration, Mutilation, Obliteration, Rot, Spindling, Squamous)
- Energy Common (Acid, Cold, Fire, Lightning, Sonic)
- Energy Uncommon (Desiccation, Fictive, Force, Light, Nascent, Necrotic, Negative, Positive, Psychic, Radiant, Scouring, Stilling)
- Energy Rare (Darkfire, Eldritch, Freezacid, Holy, Quiescent, Soul, Stellar, Sunlight, Tenebrous, Threnodic, Thundercrash, Void)
- The target must succeed on a Fortitude save as described above, or become defenseless to all damage types of the selected class. A target that succeeds on their Fort save is instead treated as Vulnerable against the selected damage class (and all damage types therein).
- Synergy: This spell lays a charge upon its target. If they are then subject to another charged effect, as the brittle, crispy energies of this fell dwemomer tear from their forms, they suffer (Circle 9 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 25d6+75 at character level 25) as fracturing (physical, rare) damage.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.