Hearts of Glass (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Transmutation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V,S,M (A handful of broken glass, worth 1gp, or 0gp if found.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 15 caster levels (drop fractions; max 3 at level 30) within spell range, none of which may be more than 30 feet apart
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- The brisk, delicate phrases of this spell sound almost too dainty for verbalization. Upon completion of the fragile declarations of this spell, the caster must choose a number of target creatures within Close range as described above, as well as a single damage class to make the target creatures susceptible to, which must be chosen at the time the spell is cast:
- Physical Common (Bludgeoning, Crushing, Piercing, Slashing, Slime)
- Physical Uncommon (Abrasion, Buffeting, Corrosion, Drilling, Falling, Gnashing, Hacking, Poison, Ripping, Rugosic, Winded)
- Physical Rare (Disintegration, Dissolving, Flensing, Fracturing, Interstice, Laceration, Mutilation, Obliteration, Rot, Spindling, Squamous)
- Energy Common (Acid, Cold, Fire, Lightning, Sonic)
- Energy Uncommon (Desiccation, Fictive, Force, Light, Nascent, Necrotic, Negative, Positive, Psychic, Radiant, Scouring)
- Energy Rare (Darkfire, Eldritch, Freezacid, Holy, Quiescent, Soul, Stellar, Sunlight, Tenebrous, Threnodic, Thundercrash, Void)
- Target creatures must succeed on a Fortitude save as described above, or become defenseless to all damage types of the selected class. Creatures that succeed on their Fort save are instead treated as Vulnerable against the selected damage class (and all damage types therein).
- Synergy: This spell lays a charge upon its targets. If they are then subject to another charged effect, as the brittle, crispy energies of this fell dwemomer tear from their forms, they suffer (Circle 9 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 25d6+75 at character level 25) as fracturing (physical, rare) damage.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.