Hellfire Ray (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 6
- School: Evocation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, F
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: One ray
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: none
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You stand your ground like a mountain and you lay down the most blistering tirade against your unfortunate victim. You castigate and scourge their character, you upbraid their behavior and you denigrate in the most unflattering terms their appearance, to boot. Then, a ray of hellfire blazes from your hands, just to punctuate your point.
- You must succeed on a ranged Touch Attack with the ray to deal damage to the target. The ray deals (Circle 6 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 16d6+32 at character level 16). If the caster is of Arcane origin, then the damage is inflicted as darkfire (energy, rare) damage. If the caster is of divine provenance, then the damage is inflicted as Holy (energy, rare) damage, of a nature suited to their temperament.
- Any creature killed by this spell is specially maligned, as the caster may use their very life essence as fuel to force their soul into repentant servitude. The destroyed enemy's soul appears in tormented fashion on the field of battle, and rushes to assist its slayer.
- The damned soul is represented by the effects of a Summon Monster III (Spell), with the newly indentured fiend appearing immediately upon expiration in the square where its mortal shell lies smoking. In all cases, the summoned creature's servitude ends at the end of combat.