Condition Severity: Strong
You are unable to react to your surroundings, and cannot move of your own accord.
- You suffer a -4 penalty to AC, and Maneuver Defense.
- You cannot make attacks of opportunity, unless you have Combat Reflexes (Feat).
- You cannot make immediate actions.
- You are susceptible to Coup-de-Grace attacks.
- You are susceptible to sneak attacks.
- You cannot perform any actions except some free actions (such as saving throws), except those actions described in the "Ended-By" section below.
- Some free actions may not be possible (such as talking), depending on the attack, ability or effect which inflicted the Helpless condition. The GM is the final arbiter of which free actions are permitted.
- You may expend a full-round action to gain a new saving throw against the Helpless condition. The DC for this saving throw is the same DC as the original effect. If you are successful, the Helpless condition is degraded to the Wobbly condition.
- You can spend a full round action to attempt an Escape Artist check against the Maneuver Defense of the creature who inflicted this status. If there is no creature involved, the target is a challenging DC based on the CR (challenge rating) of the effect. If you succeed on the check, you shrug off the condition entirely. You may only attempt this once – if you fail the Escape Artist check, you may not try again, and must recover by some other means.
- If not cleared, the Helpless condition automatically ends at the end of the encounter.