Hideous Laughter (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Enchantment (compulsion)
- Subdomain revelry 2, whimsy 1
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A tiny fruit tart with a rune baked into the top crust, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature; see text
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You point at your target, chuckling and chortling with false mirth, forcing the eldritch words of the spell out between gasps of merriment. At the culmination of the spell, you smash a tiny tart on your forehead.
- This spell afflicts the subject with uncontrollable laughter. It erupts into gales of manic laughter, gaining the wobbly condition. If a saving throw is made as above, the condition is reduced to mellow, as it is still filled with mirth.
- A creature with an Intelligence score of 2 or lower is not affected. A creature whose type is different from the caster’s receives a +4 bonus on its saving throw, because humor doesn’t “translate” well.