Hold Monster, Mass (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Enchantment
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (One small nail, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 15 character levels (drop fractions; max 3 at level 30), no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This spell functions like Hold Person (Spell), except it can affect multiple creatures as noted above. Targets that fail their save become Paralyzed and freeze in place. They are aware and breathe normally but cannot take any actions, even speech until they expend a Full-Round Action and a Move Action to end the condition. If a target creature successfully saves against the spell, it is still Paralyzed, but must only expend a Move Action to end the condition. A winged creature who is paralyzed cannot flap its wings and falls. A swimmer can't swim and may drown.
- Synergy: If a creature affected by this spell is afflicted with another condition before they can remove their current condition, the terrible stilling energies of the spell are disrupted and sink down into their very marrow. As a result, they suffer (Circle 7 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 20d6+40 at character level 20) as quiescent (energy, rare) damage.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.