Hold Monster (Spell)
- Level: Bard 4, Paladin 4, Sorcerer/Wizard 5
- School: Enchantment
- Domain: law 6
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (One small nail, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: Any one creature
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This spell functions as Hold Person (Spell), except that any creature may be affected and as otherwise described herein.
- The subject becomes Paralyzed and freezes in place. It is aware and breathes normally but cannot take any actions, even speech until it expends a Full-Round Action and a Move Action to end the condition. If a creature successfully saves against the spell, it is still Paralyzed, but must only expend a Move Action to end the condition. A winged creature who is paralyzed cannot flap its wings and falls. A swimmer can't swim and may drown.
- Synergy: If a creature affected by this spell is afflicted with another condition before they can remove their current condition, the terrible stilling energies of the spell are disrupted and sink down into their very marrow. As a result, they suffer (Circle 5 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 15d6+15 at character level 15) as quiescent (energy, rare) damage.