Hold Person, Mass (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 7
- School: Enchantment (compulsion)
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (One small nail worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: One or more Humanoid creatures, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This spell functions like Hold Person (Spell), except it can affect up to two Humanoids or Monstrous Humanoids, plus an additional +1 target per 15 caster levels (drop fractions; maximum 4 targets at level 30). Targets that fail their save become Paralyzed and freeze in place. They are aware and breathe normally but cannot take any actions, even speech until they expend a Full-Round Action and a Move Action to end the condition. If a target creature successfully saves against the spell, it is still Paralyzed, but must only expend a Move Action to end the condition. A winged creature who is paralyzed cannot flap its wings and falls. A swimmer can't swim and may drown.
- Synergy: If a creature affected by this spell is afflicted with another condition before they can remove their current condition, the terrible stilling energies of the spell are disrupted and sink down into their very marrow. As a result, they suffer (Circle 5 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 15d6+15 at character level 15) as quiescent (energy, rare) damage.