Hold Person (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 3
- School: Enchantment
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (One small nail, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: one Humanoid or Monstrous Humanoid creature
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- The target humanoid or monstrous humanoid becomes Paralyzed and freezes in place. It is aware and breathes normally but cannot take any actions, even speech until it expends a Full-Round Action and a Move Action to end the condition. If a creature successfully saves against the spell, it is still Paralyzed, but must only expend a Move Action to end the condition. A winged creature who is paralyzed cannot flap its wings and falls. A swimmer can't swim and may drown.
- Synergy: If a creature affected by this spell is afflicted with another condition before they can remove their current condition, the terrible stilling energies of the spell are disrupted and sink down into their very marrow. As a result, they suffer (Circle 2 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 6d6 at character level 6) as quiescent (energy, rare) damage.