Hold Portal (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Abjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: one target creature, one portal, up to size Huge (3x3 squares)
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This spell magically holds shut a door, gate, window, or shutter of wood, metal, or stone. The magic affects the portal just as if it were securely closed and normally locked. A Knock (Spell) or a successful Dispel Magic (Spell) can negate a Hold Portal spell.
- Add 5 to the normal DC for forcing open a portal affected by this spell.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.