Horrid Wilting (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 8
- School: Necromancy
- Domain: water 8
- Subdomain: radiation 8
- Elemental School: water 8
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A bit of sponge, with a rune scribed with bodily fluids, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Long (200 ft. + 20 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 10 character levels (drop fractions; max 4 at level 30), living creatures only, no two of which can be more than 60 ft. apart
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You utter dry, rattling words that hiss and scrape over an arid tongue.
- This dread spell evaporates moisture from the body of each subject living creature, causing flesh to wither and crack and crumble to dust. This deals (Circle 8 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 21d6+63 at character level 21) of desiccation (energy, uncommon) damage to the unfortunate victims, and any creatures killed by this spell are reduced to piles of dust and dry bones, with any treasures and remnants mixed in the remains. This spell is especially devastating to water Elementals and Plant Creatures. Against those targets, the caster may add their Caster Level to the damage result.